Airbnb - Legal Summer Internship 2021 (Remote)
What will I work on as a Legal intern at Airbnb?
Assigned projects will depend on the department’s needs and your interests. You will have the opportunity to work closely with various legal team members and their business partners to support a variety of legal functions, which may include: Intellectual Property, Corporate, Commercial, Marketing, Product, Privacy, Payments, Litigation, Regulatory/Policy, and Employment. You will attend and participate in internal and external (virtual) meetings, collaborate on cross-functional projects, receive feedback, mentoring and support, gain new communication skills, and learn about the practical dimensions of practicing law in-house. Reliable internet access will be needed, as we expect your interactions with the team to be primarily via video and phone conferencing.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Current first-year law student at a nationally-accredited law school
- Strong academic credentials
- Prior work experience in a professional environment a plus
- Self-motivated, creative, scrappy and adaptable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and team-oriented
- Desire to learn new skills and take on challenges
- High level of integrity, intellectual curiosity and sense of humor
- Passion for the Airbnb mission; experience with the platform a plus!
- This is a paid internship with a competitive hourly rate and housing benefits (stipend)
- Paid time off
- Employee travel coupons
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- An Airbnb-provided work laptop and stipend for your home office set-up
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Virtual company-sponsored tech talks, experiences and events
- And more!
How to Apply
Submit (1) your resume, (2) a cover letter describing how one or more of Airbnb’s Core Values resonates with you, what you hope to gain from this internship, and why you would be a great addition to the Airbnb legal team, (3) a writing sample (approximately 3-5 pages), and (4) your first quarter or semester grades (when available) below by January 4, 2021. We will review submissions on a rolling basis and expect to complete the selection process by March 2021.