BakerHostetler is seeking a mid-level associate (3-6 years of experience) to join its Business Group. The candidate would work with our regional and national clients as a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions practice team. We represent clients in nearly every segment of industry including energy, healthcare, financial services, hospitality, life sciences, manufacturing, media, real estate, retail, sports and entertainment, technology and transportation. As our practice continues to grow, we seek a candidate who has the ability to run deals from start to end, manage client relationships and handle the day-to-day requirements to provide a high level of service to our elite clients. The candidate would also have the opportunity to work on both private and public M&A as well as related financings. This position will work closely with the head of the New York corporate practice group and is a partner track position. Candidates must have a minimum of three years of mergers & acquisitions deal experience.
- 3-6 years of mergers & acquisitions experience at a law firm
- Experience with securities/capital markets, general corporate transactions and financings is a plus
- Currently practicing with an AmLaw 100 firm and/or highly regarded law firm corporate practice
- Effective and persuasive writing and oral communication skills, including experience speaking directly with clients and opposing counsel
- A high level of professionalism in working and engaging with high priority clients and investors
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and assume a high degree of responsibility
- The professional commitment and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in a collaborative team environment
- Admission to practice law in the State of New York
The opportunity is ideal for a mid-level associate who possesses leadership qualities, is well-trained and result-driven, and who is looking for a supportive and truly collegial and entrepreneurial environment in which to practice.
Application Submission Information:
Please submit your resume, transcript, and deal sheet to, email@example.com.
BakerHostetler is an Equal Opportunity Employer.