Legal Director, Antitrust - TikTok
About the Team: Our legal team provides key support for all TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. One of the critical challenges is the need for our team to provide exceptional legal support for antitrust/competition matters involving TikTok. The following describes the responsibilities and requirements for the role. Responsibilities: - Demonstrate a thorough understanding of competition and antitrust law and principles, and review, interpret, and analyze legal information in the subject matter area. - Personally manage governmental antitrust/competition related inquiries including management of outside counsel. - Act as the primary competition and antitrust advisor for the legal department and corporation, including with respect to corporate transactions. - Identify and anticipate highly complex legal and/or other issues. - Serve as a key business partner and advisor to senior executives and advise them on the potential impact of competition and antitrust laws on the business. - Provide advice and training to the company on all aspects of global antitrust- and competition-related legal matters. - Assist in the design and implementation of company-wide competition compliance programs and initiatives. - Participate actively in litigation matters. - Assist in managing internal client relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school.
- 15 - 20+ years of experience in private practice or a corporate law department with a highly regarded firm or organization, preferably with experience in technology.
- Minimum of 7+ years specifically within antitrust & competition.
- Significant experience counseling clients in all aspects of global antitrust law.
- Member in good standing of the New York bar association or another bar association with ability to register as in-house counsel in New York.
- Experience dealing directly with the Department of Justice and other governmental entities with respect to antitrust issues. Preferred Qualifications:
- Law firm and/or government agency experience strongly preferred.
- Litigation experience and ability to provide assistance with litigation matters where needed.