Senior Associate - Fragomen
The New York office is seeking an Associate with 8+ years of experience to provide support to one of its legal teams. This Associate will be responsible for developing and establishing a client relationship while overseeing and managing a team of attorneys and consultants. (Remote candidates will be considered for this position).
A career as a Business Immigration Associate at Fragomen gives you the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated and diverse peer group. Our exclusive focus on immigration means you will practice in an exciting, ever-changing and challenging environment with people who are passionate about immigration. Working in a collegial, team-oriented environment, Fragomen Associates learn from the industry's leading experts. Our firm commitment to quality and best practices is supported by technological innovation that benefits our clients and staff.
As an Associate at Fragomen, you will:
- Conduct in depth research to support client requests and projects
- Draft and prepare letters and legal documents, typically based on established precedents
- Develop expert level understanding of your client base and industries that you support
- Partner with colleagues to resolve client issues, share information and support client projects
- Communicate regularly with clients and foreign nationals regarding procedural, case processing issues and case strategy
- Develop an understanding of the firm’s practice areas and services provided
- Assess eligibility of corporate foreign national employees for non-immigrant and immigrant visa status in the United States.
- Work with client global mobility personnel and the office of general counsel to prepare petitions and applications for submission to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Labor (DOL) for non-immigrant and immigrant status for foreign national employees.
- Support clients in immigration program management and compliance.
- Supervise the work of paralegal staff in record keeping and document preparation.
Let’s talk if you have the following:
- U.S. JD required
- Member of NY State Bar (or ability to waive in)
- 8+ years of business immigration experience
- PERM experience
- Prior team management experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Ability to contribute to positive work environment
Fragomen is the world’s leading single-focus provider of immigration guidance and support, backed by the best resources in the immigration services industry. The firm has more than 50 offices and over 4,000 employees located in key commercial centers throughout the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific. Fragomen offers immigration support in more than 170 countries.
The firm is structured to support all aspects of immigration, including strategic planning, compliance, government relations, reporting, and case management and processing. We represent a broad client base ranging from individuals and emerging businesses to many of the world’s leading multinational corporations.
Fragomen is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, regardless of race, ethnicity, heritage, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or intersex status.