Domestic Violence Resources
On December 10, 2020 MuBANY held a Know Your Rights - Domestic Violence Workshop! You can access recordings of the program on MuBANY's Facebook or YouTube pages. See below for helpful resources and hotlines for victims and survivors of domestic violence.
- Safe Horizon's Tech Safety Guide for Victims of Crime, Abuse, Domestic Violence, and Stalking
- How To Find Domestic Violence Shelters in NYC
- New York State Domestic Violence Shelter Directory
- For Emergencies
- Call 911
- Center Against Domestic Violence: The Center Against Domestic Violence operates shelters to house and feed women and children who are homeless because of domestic violence. In addition, they provide supportive services including counseling and children's programs to battered women and children.
- Hotline: (718) 439-1000 (24-hours)
- Family Justice Centers (Brooklyn, Queens, & Bronx Locations): The Family Justice Centers (FJC) provide information and services for domestic violence victims in one location. Clients may walk in and choose which services they want, services are free and available to all victims regardless of sex, age, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation. Language interpretation is also available.
- Hotline: (800) 621-4673 (24-hours)
- Brooklyn FJC: (718) 250-5111
- Queens FJC: (718) 575-4500
- Bronx FJC: (718) 508-1222
- Safe Horizon: Calls are free, and counselors provide crisis counseling, safety planning, assistance with finding shelter, referrals to Safe Horizon programs or other organizations, advocacy with the police, and other crucial services.
- Hotline: (800)-621-4673
- Sanctuary for Families Family Law: Assistance with orders of protection, child custody and visitation, and child support.
- Hotline: (212) 349-6009 ext. 246
- Turning Point’s Helpline for Women: Turning Point for Women and Families’ mission is to help Muslim women and girls affected by domestic violence by providing a diversified range of culturally competent services focused on safety and self-sufficiency through direct services, advocacy and referrals.
- (718)-262-8722 or (718)-262-8744
- NYC Domestic Violence Hotline: for immediate safety planning, shelter assistance, and other resources.
- Hotline: 1-800-621-HOPE (4673)
- New York State Domestic Violence
- 24 Hour Hotline (English & Español/Multi-language accessibility): 1-800-942-6906 or 711 for Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- New York State Chat/Text Hotline
- Text at (844)-997-2121 / Chat: https://opdv.ny.gov/chat.html