Trinity Church Wall Street - Associate Counsel
The Associate Counsel is responsible for the review, drafting and negotiation of all forms of contracts and agreements on behalf of Trinity Church Wall Street and its subsidiaries and affiliates. The Associate Counsel will provide advice and counsel to operating unit client groups including information technologies, real property asset management, facilities, and human resources, and may handle overflow for event management and other client groups as needed. The Associate Counsel will also provide counsel and advice to the respective governance bodies and supervise outside counsel in their work for the foregoing client groups as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts and other forms of agreement, including vendor agreements, information technology agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, space-use and lease agreements, licensing agreements.
- Provide legal advice and counsel on transactional and other matters to Trinity Church Wall Street and subsidiary entities’ stakeholders, including members of the Information Technology, Data and Infrastructure, Asset Management, Human Resources, and Communications teams and other departments as needed.
- Provide corporate governance support for Trinity, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Manage and perform specific legal research, fact-finding activities, and investigations as deemed appropriate.
- Assist the Chief Legal Officer and coordinate with colleagues to develop, revise, interpret, and communicate internal Trinity policies, and ensure compliance with such policies and the relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare confidential and sensitive documents.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect Trinity and take part in continuing legal education through membership in bar associations.
- Communicate with and manage outside legal counsel as required.
- Represent the Legal Department in relevant internal task forces, working groups and committees.
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promote Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ACTIVITIES
- Outstanding drafting and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills, including the ability interact easily with all levels of employees.
- Service orientation toward client groups.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Discreet and able to handle confidential matters.
- Exceptional organizational abilities.
- Self-starting with a strong work ethic.
- Comfort working in a religious environment.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Minimum 8-10 years related experience.
- Admitted to practice in New York.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Prior broad-based in-house experience managing multiple workstreams highly desired.
- Large law firm experience is preferred.
Experience with one or more of the following is preferred: real estate management, human resources advising and information technology contracts.