Adeel Bashir joins us to discuss his journey to being an Assistant Federal Public Defender. He talks about his work representing criminal defendants and the importance of following opportunities, great mentors, and not being afraid to fail. He also speaks about his work as President of the American Muslim Bar Association. Listen on Apple Music, Spotify, or click the photo above!
JOB, INTERNSHIP & SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Manhattan DA's Office - Attorney: The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office is currently seeking candidates committed to public service for positions as Assistant District Attorneys in the Trial Division for their Spring 2022 Assistant District Attorney class.
- Queens DA's Office - Assistant District Attorney: The Office of the Queens County District Attorney is currently seeking applicants for their Spring 2022 Assistant District Attorney class and their Fall 2022 Assistant District Attorney class.
- Kaufman Lieb Lebowitz & Frick LLP - Mid-level Associate: Kaufman Lieb Lebowitz & Frick LLP is seeking to hire a full-time mid-level associate with a least two years of experience beginning in the fall of 2022. The firm is a justice-oriented litigation boutique with a focus on civil rights, including police misconduct and excessive force, employment and housing discrimination, prisoners' rights, First Amendment rights, and wrongful conviction.
- Baker Hostetler - Litigation Associates: BakerHostetler is seeking associates with 2 – 4 years of litigation experience to join their firmwide Litigation Practice. The associates would work with their nationwide team on high-profile matters encompassing all facets of business and complex commercial and bankruptcy litigation.
- Davis Ndanusa Ikhlas & Saleem LLP - Paralegal: Davis Ndanusa Ikhlas & Saleem LLP is a boutique law firm in the heart of downtown Brooklyn. They are seeking a full-time legal assistant whose primary responsibility will be handling the firm's landlord-tenant practice including drafting/filing predicate notices and petitions, submitting warrant requisitions, and managing all active landlord tenant cases.
- Franklin H. Williams Commission - Summer Legal Internship: DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 28, 2022. The Franklin H. Williams Judicial Commission has instituted a 2022 Summer Internship Program and is seeking interns to work with the Commission. The internship is a fantastic opportunity for law students to work with judges and court leaders throughout New York State. The Williams Commission is offering an eight-week Internship Program commencing June 1, 2022, and ending July 29, 2022. The program is open to 1L, 2L, and 3L students. For more information or to apply, please email the Williams Commission at FHWilliams@nycourts.gov.
- QBE North America Summer Internship Program: The internship will run 10 weeks from May 31st through August 5th, and students are expected to commit to 5 days a week, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. While they hope interns will be working on-site in the New York City office, the internship may be partially or fully remote. The program is designed so that interns will work on a wide range of assignments with the various sub-units of QBE’s Legal, Regulatory and Compliance team, such as Business Unit Support, Contracts, Corporate and Litigation.
- ISF's Law Scholarship Program is now accepting applications until March 21st for the 2022-23 school year. Every year, ISF awards up to $5,000-10,000 in scholarships to up-and-coming changemakers in law.
- Justice Catalyst - Counsel and Senior Counsel: Justice Catalyst Law (“JCL”) is looking for Counsel (Minimum 5 years of full-time civil litigation practice) and Senior Counsel (minimum 12-15 years of full-time civil litigation practice) to join their team. A nonprofit organization founded in 2018, Justice Catalyst Law develops cutting-edge, interdisciplinary impact cases and legal strategies that advance economic and social justice.
- EarthJustice - Deputy Managing Attorney, Clean Energy: Earthjustice’s Clean Energy Program seeks a Deputy Managing Attorney (8+ years of litigation experience) to join our team of lawyers and advocates who are working across the country to advance an equitable transition from fossil fuels to clean energy, and to hold polluters accountable.
- EarthJustice - Senior Attorney, International Energy Transition: Earthjustice is accepting applications for a senior attorney position (minimum of six years of litigation or legal advocacy experience) to join our growing team of lawyers working to advance clean energy solutions and speed the transition away from dirty fossil fuels in key countries around the world.
- Federal Trade Commission - General Attorney: The Bureau of Consumer Protection and the FTC's Regional Offices investigate and litigate civil actions to enforce federal consumer protection laws, including unfair and deceptive acts and practices related to COVID-19.
- Securities and Exchange Commission - General Attorney: The SEC is looking for a general attorney who will be responsible for investigating possible civil securities law violations, developing evidence, recommending actions to the Commission, drafting pleadings, and leading, co-chairing or assisting trials and administrative proceedings
- Innocence Project - Staff Attorney: The Post-Conviction Litigation department of the Innocence Project—which works to exonerate wrongly convicted people nationwide based on evidence of actual innocence—is expanding in connection with a newly adopted 5-year strategic plan. They now seek to hire one or more Staff Attorneys (with at least four years of experience) to join their team.
- Immigration Law Clinic Director, Touro Law: The Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center seeks applicants for a specialized tenured or tenure-track clinic faculty appointment to direct their Immigration Law Clinic. The position will start in June 2022.