MuBANY March 2021 Newsletter
PAST EVENTS & STATEMENTS
- MuBANY Stands With the Asian American Community.
- MuBANY Celebrates Women's History Month! Please follow our Instagram stories for Women's History Month events. And this week we'll be unveiling our Women's History Month Spotlights on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- MuBANY Podcast Episode on The Blackwater Trials. In this episode, we focus on the victims’ stories and the experiences of the prosecutors who attained the monumental verdicts in this case. Have a listen here!
- Subscribe to MuBANY's Podcast on Spotify or Apple Podcast!
The National Muslim Law Students Conference is looking for experienced
professionals to join the networking sessions on April 3rd or 4th at 3:00 PM
EST! If you're able to attend, please fill out this form.
On the day of the conference, you will be connected with current law
students across the nation who are interested in your geographic or practice area.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
MuBANY Welcomes New Content Creators!
Magistrate Judge Mustafa Kasubhai co-authored an article with his judicial
law clerk, Sarah Malik, for the Oregon State Bar's Bulletin magazine. The
piece is titled "Is There a Place for Us? On Being a Muslim American in
Oregon's Legal Community." The article starts on page 18 of the
February/March 2021 issue here.
SCHOLARSHIP AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Agency Attorney at the Office of the Special Commissioner of Investigation for the New York City School District (“SCI”). The Office has broad authority to investigate wrongdoing by employees, contractors, and vendors doing business with the New York City Department of Education (“DOE”). The Special Counsel will supervise, and conduct assigned investigations and provide legal guidance for investigators.
- Legal Director, Justice Catalyst. The Legal Director will develop, implement, and facilitate systems that empower our highly independent team and maximize our efficiency in bringing cases from creative ideas to filed litigation.
- Criminal Law Clerk at the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. The position will serve the Court’s three Magistrate Judges, on a rotating basis.
- Fragomen LLP is seeking Summer Law Clerks, a Business Immigration Associate and a Contract Attorney.
*If applying to any of these positions, please feel free to let MuBANY know
at firstname.lastname@example.org, as many of these jobs have been flagged to us
through our networks*