ANNOUNCEMENT: MuBANY ELECTIONS 2022!
This year, MuBANY has ALL positions up for elections! For context, MuBANY's Board is comprised of 4 Officers, who serve two-year terms, and 5 Directors, who serve one year terms. This year, both Officer and Director positions are up for election! The elections will take place from early-May to to mid-May; however, we have some key deadline dates in April as well. To learn more about the positions and process, click the photos above or here.
We welcome anyone who has not before been involved with MuBANY to run! It is a great way to get to know the bar association, deepen your professional network, and do meaningful work!
Please see below for KEY dates and deadlines for the election. We would like to especially flag the *deadlines* on April 13 & 29, May 4, 5 & 18! And we will have more info coming soon about our Annual General Meeting on May 18.
NOTE: To be eligible to run you must be an active MuBANY member and a legal professional. Candidate Statements can be submitted by email to email@example.com by April 29. Please don't forget to renew your membership before May 4!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend the informational call on April 13!
On this episode of How Did I Get Here?, Saema Somalya joins us to discuss her journey to becoming General Counsel at Remitly. She talks about the soft skills necessary for leading a legal department and going outside your comfort zone. She also speaks about the steps she took to grow her career from law firm associate to general counsel.Listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or here!
MuBANY is excited to share LEGAL CAREER TIPS by MuBANY! This document covers practical tips for navigating Mentorship, Sponsorship, Applications, Interviews, and Career Planning. This is a running list. Reach out to email@example.com with any additions you may have!
Webinar: Diversity & Inclusion Federal Clerkship Panel – Confidently Navigating Your Interview, April 4 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
So you’ve landed a federal clerkship interview. Congratulations! You are probably now wondering how to prepare. What should you know about the judge? Will you be quizzed on constitutional law? What if you are anticipating a period of planned leave during the clerkship or would like to know the judge’s policy on respecting religious observations, pronouns, disability accommodations, and so forth? Should you accept an on-the-spot offer? Our panel of current federal judges and former federal judicial law clerks will address these questions and more during a virtual webinar on April 4, 2022 from 3:00-4:00 p.m. ET.Please register to join this conversation.
This event is hosted by the Federal Bar Association, and co-hosted by MuBANY and the Muslim Judicial Clerkship Network, among others!
JOB, INTERNSHIP & SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP - Lateral Opportunities in Washington, D.C. and New York:
- New York
- Firm-wide Opportunities
- Energy Attorney – Counsel or Of Counsel – Washington, D.C., New York, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, Anchorage, or Bellevue
- Banking & Financial Services Transactional Associate – Mid-Level – Washington, D.C., New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, or San Francisco
- Banking & Financial Services Regulatory Associate – Mid-Level – Washington, D.C., New York, Seattle, Los Angeles, or San Francisco
- Banking & Financial Services Enforcement and Litigation Lawyer – Mid-Level Associate – Washington, D.C., New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Seattle
- Emery Celli Brinckerhoff Abady Ward & Maazel LLP is hiring a new associate to begin as soon as possible. Currently 27 lawyers, the firm is a litigation boutique with a diverse mix of cases in both civil rights and complex commercial litigation. We are seeking a lawyer with outstanding academic credentials, writing ability, and advocacy skills, as well as a demonstrated commitment to civil rights and civil liberties issues. The firm is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. Associates are paid on a scale ranging from $100,000 base salary (first year out of law school) to $150,000 base salary (ten years or more out of law school); all associates are also eligible to receive an annual, discretionary bonus. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and law school unofficial transcript as soon as possible to t
he attention of the Hiring Committee by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.