MuBANY 2022 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
MuBANY ELECTIONS 2022!
On May 5th, members received an email entitled “Vote Now: MuBANY 2022 Board Elections” from an Election Buddy email address which allows for electronic voting.
Members can vote any time between May 5th to May 17th 11:59pmEST through Election Buddy, or in-person at MuBANY’s Annual General Meeting on May 18th.
As a reminder, ALL positions on the MuBANY Board are up for election! MuBANY's Board is comprised of 4 Officers, who serve two-year terms, and 5 Directors, who serve a one-year term.
You can read candidate statements on Election Buddy and on MuBANY's website here.
Thank you to all who have submitted candidate statements, and to all of our members who have made MuBANY what it is!
In this episode of "How Did I Get Here?" Usman Ahmed and Creating Your Niche, Usman Ahmed joins us to discuss his journey to becoming Head of Global Public Policy at PayPal. He talks about his experience navigating new spaces of law and developing policy in novel areas. He also speaks about the challenges he overcame to create the role he wanted at the company. Listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or here!
MuBANY congratulates former Board Member, Muhammad Faridi on his mayoral appointment to the Mayor's Advisory Committee on the Judiciary (MAJC)! To read more about his impressive professional background and the pivotal role of this advisory committee, please see here.
JOB, INTERNSHIP & SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Vice President, Employment Counsel, BNP Paribas, The Employment Counsel position reports to the U.S. Head of Employment Law for CIB, and covers all employment legal matters (encompassing all human resources issues including labor and employment law topics, compensation and benefits legal matters, and immigration legal topics). Employment Counsel also provides direction, advice and counsel with respect to the Company’s HR-related internal legal investigations arising from whistleblower complaints and engages with the Bank’s Conduct and Compliance functions to lead these matters to resolution. To apply click title above.
- Senior Assistant Counsel and Senior Counsel, Richard C. Failla LGBTQ Commission, Established in December 2016, The Richard C. Failla LGBTQ Commission of the New York State Courts is dedicated to promoting equal participation and access throughout the court system byall persons regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Commission now seeks two experienced attorneys to assist the executive director and co-chairs of the Commission.
- New York Legal Education Opportunity Program (NYLEO), Fellowship Application Open for 2022! NY LEO is designed to ensure a diverse legal community by promoting academic success in law school for individuals historically under represented in the legal profession. Through an intense six-week summer program, the NY LEO Program assists minority, low income and economically or educationally disadvantaged college graduates in acquiring the fundamental and practical skills necessary to succeed in law school. The program is available to qualified candidates who will attend law school in New York. To apply please go here.
- Senior Attorney, Clean Energy, EarthJustice: Earthjustice is now accepting applications for a Senior Attorney to join our growing team of lawyers who work to accelerate a shift from coal- and gas-fired electricity generation, and to advance clean energy throughout the country. The Senior Attorney will reside in our Clean Energy Program, focusing on litigation, advocacy and strategy before state public utility commissions, administrative bodies, and in courts in support of an equitable transition to clean, affordable, and reliable energy. The work will include combatting fossil-fuel-fired generation, with a focus on emerging threats that could jeopardize progress toward a clean energy future. Click above to read more and apply.
- Contract Dispute Resolution Board Panelists at NYC OATH: The New York City Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (OATH) is now accepting applications for Contract Dispute Resolution Board (CDRB) panelists. CDRB panels hear the final appeal in a three-step dispute resolution process contained in City contracts for construction, goods and services. Each CDRB panel consists of an OATH Administrative Law Judge (ALJ), as chair, a representative of the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services, and a third member selected from a pre-qualified roster of individuals, established and administered by OATH, who has appropriate expertise and is unaffiliated and not employed with the City.
- New York City Department of Consumer and Worker Protection: The NYC Department of Consumer and Worker Protection (DCWP) protects and enhances the daily economic lives of New Yorkers to create thriving communities. DCWP licenses more than 51,000 businesses in more than 40 industries and enforces key consumer protection, licensing, and workplace laws that apply to countless more. By supporting businesses through equitable enforcement and access to resources and, by helping to resolve complaints, DCWP protects the marketplace from predatory practices and strives to create a culture of compliance. The Department has a number of agency attorney positions that can be found here using the following Job IDs:
- Job ID 529836
- Job ID 518414
- Job ID 529842
- Job ID 529826