New MuBANY Website! New Member Benefits & Steps For Activation
MuBANY is excited to announce the launch of our new website - a refreshed design with increased functionality for our members. We encourage you to visit the website and give us your feedback!
We built this website with our community’s needs in mind, and hope that it serves you better. Please see below for details about the new website and for actions you will need to complete.
New Member Benefits:
- Job Board. The new website has a job board where members are able to upload job postings. The MuBANY web administrator will also upload job opportunities that are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Historically, these jobs were circulated in the newsletter, but they will now only be accessible on our website. Access to the job board is a member only benefit. However, in light of the employment challenges surrounding the current COVID-19 climate, MuBANY is making the job board open to non-members for the time-being.
- Membership Directory. The membership directory is only available to members. Through this directory, members can search for other members based on practice area, name, or other criteria.
- Community Forums. Through the forums feature, members can post requests, updates, or find other lawyers with similar interests. We’ve created forums based on our membership classifications, but we’re open to your feedback! Let us know what other forums would be useful. We hope this feature will assist in creating a real sense of community! Forums are only available to members.
What We Need From You:
- Activate Your MuBANY Account On The New Website. We’ve imported all contacts from our prior member management system into the new system. You will receive an email from email@example.com asking you to create a Glueup account. Simply follow the instructions in the email.
- Opt-in to the Membership Directory. The membership directory will go live on October 13. We will migrate over all existing members into the directory. However, if you would like to opt-out of your name and information being accessible to members on the directory, please check the box in your user profile to opt-out or email firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10. Information that will be included in the membership directory includes name, email, employer, and practice area.
- Job Board. If you have any job postings, members can upload them directly to the job board or email email@example.com, where we can upload select postings.
- Termination of the MuBANY Googlegroup (Listserve). With the creation of the forums on our website for members, we will be closing the MuBANY Googlegroup. We will migrate all contacts from the Googlegroup into our new member management platform, so everyone will still receive the same MuBANY communications. Please note that only dues paying members, not contacts, will have access to member only sections of the website, such as the membership directory and forums. You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from being a MuBANY contact once we send our first email through the new member management platform.
- Become A Member! In addition to the above-mentioned member benefits, we have also created a Judiciary Initiative and Professional Development Initiative, which we hope will assist our members with critical needs at this time. We also welcome your participation with these initiatives! Annual member rates are as follows (please see our website for more info):
- Large Firm (20+ Attorneys) and In-House Counsel - $75
- Small Firm (Up to 20 Attorneys) and Attorneys Employed in a Non-Legal Capacity - $50
- Solo Practitioners, Government, Public Interest Attorneys - $35
- Supporting Members - $30
- Law Student - Free for first year; $20 for renewal
- Transitional Attorneys (seeking employment) - $20
We hope these changes improve your experience with MuBANY and cultivate a sense of community. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have ideas for programming, initiatives, or anything else. We strive to be a resource to you all!